Kwara State University, also known as KWASU, is a fully registered and accredited university in Nigeria. It aims to provide quality education to all students. Many young Nigerians have graduated from various faculties and many more are enrolled in several academic programs.
Nigeria has many universities located in different parts of the country, and Kwara State University is one of them. Many people are curious to see the list of Kwara State University courses to determine if it is the right institution for them. Read on to find out about all the courses offered and the entry requirements.
Where is Kwara State University located?
KWASU’s main campus is located in Malete, Kwara State, Nigeria. It also owns the Osi and Ilesa-Barusa campuses.
Before 2007, the state did not have enough higher education institutions. Much effort has been made to creation of KWASU, but not much had been accomplished in many years.
What is the ESUT portal and how to register easily
The turning point came in 2007 when then governor Bukola Saraki formed a committee that began establishing the university.
Is KWASU a private university?
KWASU is a public higher education institution established in 2009. It offers quality undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral degree programs in various fields.
It has seven faculties, 44 departments and more than 7,400 graduates. More than 153,750 students have enrolled in the establishment since its creation and applications for 2022 are open.
What courses are offered at KWASU?
The following courses are offered at KWASU for post UTME 2021/2022 admission:
- Agricultural engineering
- Agricultural science
- Banking and finance
- Business Administration
- Business education
- Christian religious studies
- Civil and environmental engineering
- Common law and Islamic law
- Early childhood and primary education
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- English language
- Environmental health sciences
- Fine Arts and Applied Arts
- Food science technology
- Geology and Mineral Sciences
- Human kinetics
- Industrial chemistry
- Islamic studies
- Library and Information Sciences
- Linguistics / Yoruba
- Mass communication
- Materials Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical laboratory sciences
- Plant and environmental biology
- Political science
- Public administration
- Public health
- Special education
- Tourism and hospitality
- Visual and performing arts
Landmark University courses and requirements
What is the cut mark of Kwara State University?
If you are interested in any of the above Kwara State University courses, you should make sure that you meet the academic threshold. The cut-off score for Kwara State University varies depending on the course you wish to take. The threshold for an engineering course, for example, might be higher than that for entrepreneurship.
Admission to Kwara State University
Admission to KWASU is based on merit and the institution does not discriminate against any student. All applicants must have a minimum of O’level, UTME, POST-UTME or other declared entry requirements.
Applicants who wish to be admitted to KWASU’s regular programs or other programs should ensure that all information entered is true and correct to the best of their knowledge.
To apply for any of the programs listed above, you must first visit the University of Kwara website to obtain the stipulated entry conditions. Then click on the Admission tab, and select whether you want to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate program. You will be automatically redirected to the student portal to start applying for admission.
Registration and cutoff mark for FUTA Post UTME
How to apply online
- Visit the Kwara State University Portal on your device and click Create an account.
- Complete the registration form providing the required information as indicated and click on Register.
- Once you have created an account or registered with Kwara State University, you will be automatically logged in.
- The system will automatically send SMS and email notification to your email and phone number to communicate your request details and login credentials.
- Your username is the email address you entered during registration and your name (last name) is your password.
- You will be assigned a unique application number once you have completed registration. The application number should be used as the username, while your last name (last name) is kept as the password. You can change this password later.
Documents / information required for online application
Before applying online, you must have the following documents / information.
Nigerian National Open University Courses and Fees in 2022
- Valid and active email address
- Correct personal data
- Details of diplomas
- Image of the scanned photograph in jpg / jpeg format (The size should not exceed 50KB)
- Image of the scanned signature in jpg / jpeg format (The size must not exceed 50 KB)
- Image of the scanned certificates in jpg / jpeg, pdf format (The size must not exceed 50 KB)
How much is the tuition fee of Kwara State University?
Fees charged vary by course and level of study. Once you have successfully applied for a program and are admitted, the relevant authorities will include a prospectus with the exact amount you need to pay.
Please note that all payments are made with an ATM card and the university is not responsible for incorrect payments. Therefore, you should make sure you read the instructions carefully before making any payment.
If you see the need for additional research, you can contact KWASU using the details below.
Courses Approved by National Commission of Universities in Nigeria 2018
- Phone number: +234 8033929378
- Address: PMB 1530, 23431, Malete, Kwara State, Nigeria
- E-mail address: [email protected]
Now that you know what courses are offered by Kwara State University, you can make an informed decision on what to study at this prestigious institution. Good luck in pursuing your higher education.
READ ALSO: Top 20 Best Courses in Nigeria
Legit.ng recently published the best courses in Nigeria. Today there are many courses offered at Nigerian public and private universities. However, some are more competitive than others. It is therefore essential to analyze them before being satisfied with them.
Some of the best options to consider are agricultural science, accounting and finance, architecture, biochemistry, business administration, and chemical and petroleum engineering.