FINDLAY, Ohio – Cedarville defeated Findlay 9-3 in the final two minutes to claim a 68-66 victory in a contested G-MAC battle at Niekamp Arena.
Conner TenHove double-double of 17 points and 10 rebounds propelled the Yellow Jackets to their fourth consecutive victory.
Kollin Van Horn scored 15 points and Jayvon maughmer added 10 for CU, 5-3 in total and 3-0 G-MAC.
TenHove converted a three-runner game with 44 seconds left to give the Yellow Jackets the lead in earnest, 64-63.
Van Horn and Isaiah Speelman each hit a pair of free throws in the closing seconds, giving them a 68-65 advantage.
Heading to the free throw line with 3.7 seconds left, the Oilers almost pulled off a miracle finish.
UF landed a free throw, continued an offensive rebound after intentionally missing the second, and had a three-point faint from the left corner that escaped the rim at the buzzer.
- G-MAC Player of the Week Branden maugher did not play.
- The Jackets made their last nine free throws and were 10 of 11 in the second half.
- Neither team had a lead of more than eight points.
- The score was tied ten times with eight changes in advance.
- CU won at Findlay for the second time in a row.
- The visitor has won the last four games of the regular season by an average margin of 3.5 points.
- It was the 104th hardwood meeting between the two schools.
- Findlay leads the all-time streak that started in 1910 by a 78-26 margin.
- The rematch at the Callan Athletic Center is scheduled for January 27.
@CUVestes | Fans can also follow Cedarville University Athletics on Twitter | Instagram | Facebook