BOSTON- Wrapping up the non-conference slate, Boston University’s men’s soccer team will make the short trip to take on Northeastern on Tuesday night with action slated to begin at 6 p.m.
The Terriers have won their last two games with back-to-back shutouts, while the Huskies are looking to break a five-game losing streak.
- The Terriers are 2-2-2 on the road this season after Saturday’s 1-0 win at Loyola Maryland and a 1-1 draw against Navy on Oct. 1. In non-conference play, they are 1-1-1 with a 1-0 win over then-No. 9 New Hampshire, 2-1 loss at UMass and 1-1 draw at Albany.
- Senior Quinn Matulis repeated as Patriot League Midfielder of the Week on Monday after scoring his second goal and first game-winning game of the season against the Greyhounds.
- Matulis ranks second on the team seven points (2g, 3a) behind senior Colin Innes eight points (4g) and two in front of junior Andre Louer (1g,3a).
- Monday, senior Griffon Roach became the second Terrier to win PL Defender of the Week honors this season, joining a grad student Evan Morrison.
- Senior Francesco Montali started 12 games, posting an .837 save percentage and a .67 goals-against average with six shutouts.
- Opponents are averaging 1.2 more shots per game with a 67-57 advantage in corner kicks.
- With four regular season games remaining, BU have already recorded their fewest regular season losses since at least 2016 (8-6-3) and are still alive for the fewest losses since their 19-1-1 in 1994.
- The Huskies are 1-2-3 at home this season compared to their 2-6-0 record. They own a 3-2 victory over Harvard alongside UMass (1-1), Quinnipiac (2-2) and Drexel (1-1).
- Since winning 1-0 at Stony Brook on Sept. 24, Northeastern has lost five straight games by one goal apiece with four shutout losses.
- Ryan Massoud (2g, 2a) and Federico Tellez (3g) each have six points. Fraser Brown has two assists to level Massoud for the assists team leader.
- Colby Hegarty played every minute in net, posting a .683 save percentage and a 1.36 goals-against average.
- NU are averaging 0.1 more shots despite the opponents holding a 78-50 advantage in corner kicks.
- The Terriers lead the all-time series, 22-9-2, in a rivalry that dates back to 1984.
- BU ended a three-game winless streak last season with a 3-1 win at home.
- The last two road clashes have doubled OT with the Huskies scoring the 2019 game-winner from a penalty with 14 seconds left.
- BU last won at Northeastern in 2014 with a 2-1 win.
- BU will return home to host the American enemy of the Patriot League on Sunday, October 23 at 1 p.m.
- The Terriers are on a four-game unbeaten streak (3-0-1) in the series after last year’s 1-1 tie on the road.