FOLLOW: Both contests this week will be broadcast live on Pac-12 Networks. Follow @BeaverMSoccer on social media for updates.
NEXT: The Beavers will play their last home games of the regular season next week when they host San Diego State and UCLA.
– Clarence Awoodor and Javier Armas both earned Pac-12 Player of the Week honors this season.
– Oregon State will play its four-game final against top-10 ranked opponents on Thursday (vs. No. 5 Stanford, vs. No. 6 Portland, vs. No. 1 Washington, at No. 5 Stanford). The Beavers are 1-0-2 in their first three games of this stretch.
– With four ties so far this season, OSU has already tied its single-season tie record, previously set in 2005, 2008 and 2021. The NCAA scrapped regular-season overtime starting in This year.
– The Beavers are coming off the best season in program history, going 14-2-4, winning the Pac-12 and entering the NCAA Tournament as the No. 1 seed overall .
– Oregon State made the last eight of the NCAA Tournament last season, its deepest run in program history
– The Beavers have made the NCAA Tournament six times in program history, with three of those appearances coming Terry Boss‘ four years as head coach
– Boss has the best winning percentage of any coach in program history at .652
– Oregon State posted six clean sheets last season, a program record
– Beavers welcome 17 newcomers to this year’s squad
– Oregon State has representatives from nine different countries on its roster: United States, Spain, France, Argentina, Chile, Ethiopia, Germany, Italy and Senegal.
– The Castors welcome three new assistant coaches this season in Abel Waswa, Sergi Nudes and Alex Rangel
– Joran Gerbet, Gael Gibert and Adrian Molina Diaz are all returning to the Oregon State team after earning All-Pac-12 recognition last season.
– Molina-Diaz scored six goals and had three assists last season, despite only playing 12 games due to injury
– Mouhameth Thiam led the Beavers with five game-winning goals last season, despite starting just nine of Oregon State’s 20 games
– Beavers are 34-7-10 at home during Boss’s tenure
– The Beavers are 18th in the nation in corner kicks per game, averaging 6.8 per game
– OSU hasn’t lost in its last nine Pac-12 home games
– Joran Gerbet earned Pac-12 Freshman of the Year honors last season, joining Joe Zaher, Robbie Findley, Danny Mwanga, Timmy Mueller and Sofiane Djeffal as Beavers to earn the honor (Findley, Mwanga, Mueller and Djeffal were all selected in the MLS draft following their careers with the Beavers)
– Nicklas Lund led all Oregon State outfielders with 1,870 minutes played last season, starting all 20 games on the OSU backline.
– Lund also leads the Beavers in minutes played this season.
The games :
– The Beavers are 9-37-10 against Stanford
– Oregon State has suffered just one loss to the Cardinal in the teams’ last nine meetings, earning three wins and five draws in that span
– The Beavers led late when they faced the Cardinal earlier this season, but an 85th-minute equalizer forced the game to a draw. Mouhameth Thiam and Clarence Awoodor both scored for OSU.
– Oregon State is 19-35-6 against California.
– dante williams scored for the Beavers in the ninth minute when the two teams met earlier this year.